Monday, September 27, 2010

When the chips are down

There is an old joke that says your true friend whould be right next to you in the jail cell if that was ever the case and those that were not your true friends would have ran and left you to sit in jail by yourself. I say that a true friend would have kept you out of trouble in the first place. It does go to show the mentality that some people have. They put a joke on a serious matter. Recently I have begun to take notice of the people in my life who are positive and encouaging people in my life and have directed my friendships towards them. The people who are negative, fake, self-centered and who can't take the time to call or text and see if you want to do something instead of you always getting ahold of them have been put into that section of my heart that is reserved for casual people I see on the street. I want people in my life who will be there through thick and thin and wish me the best. To me... the people who are that way are the ones who keep you out of jail. And so that I don't seem hypocritical... I will remain the person who no matter your place in my heart I will always wish you good wishes and pray that your life is blessed by God. I honestly believe that those who know me know that when the chips are down I will always be there for them and do whatever I can for them... not so the act can be returned but because that is what God has asked of me. Maybe if those who act as I describe above would fully listen to what God is saying to them instead of what they want to hear our jails wouldn't be so crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment